- What is the difference between food web and food chain?
- Why an ecosystem needs to be balanced?
- How do you create a balanced ecosystem?
- How can you tell if an ecosystem is balanced?
- What happens when the food chain goes out of balance?
- How predators may cause problems in food chains?
- How does the food chain affect humans?
- Which factors can destroy a food chain?
What is the difference between food web and food chain?
A food chain follows one path of energy and materials between species. A food web is more complex and is a whole system of connected food chains.
Why an ecosystem needs to be balanced?
A balanced ecosystem represents a sustainable habitat of interdependent animals, plants, and microorganisms and their environment. Balanced ecosystems display efficient energy and material cycling and interconnectedness between primary producers and predators.
How do you create a balanced ecosystem?
How to maintain a balanced ecosystem
- Manage Natural Resources Carefully. A concerted effort to use natural resources in a sustainable manner will help to protect and maintain ecological balance.
- PROTECT THE WATER.
- reduce logging.
- reduce chlorofluorocarbon.
- Stop open burning.
How can you tell if an ecosystem is balanced?
Answer and explanation; An ecosystem is said to be balanced when gases are in their correct proportions, when There is enough preys for the amount of predators and generally there should be fewer large organisms than there are small ones.
What happens when the food chain goes out of balance?
If one species in the food web ceases to exist, one or more members in the rest of the chain could cease to exist too. A plant or animal doesn’t even have to become extinct to affect one of its predators. The U.S. Geological Survey notes that this decline probably caused the fish to go extinct.
How predators may cause problems in food chains?
Predation is a top-down force because the effects of predators start at the top of the food chain and cascade downward to lower trophic levels. A trophic cascade occurs when predators indirectly affect the abundance of organisms more than two trophic levels down (Figure 1).
How does the food chain affect humans?
Humans are dominant consumers. They affect food webs through energy production and agriculture, pollution, habitat destruction, overfishing and hunting. Also their demands for food and shelter along with population growth, affecting soil and aquatic ecosystems.
Which factors can destroy a food chain?
Causes for Disruptions in the Food Web
- Water pollution.
- Acid rain.
- Climate change.
- Air pollution.
- Soil pollution.
- Illegal dumping.