Is Popular Science magazine still published?
In January 2016, Popular Science switched to bi-monthly publication after 144 years of monthly publication. On October 6, 2020, the Bonnier Group sold Popular Science and six other special interest magazines, including the well-known titles Popular Photography, Outdoor Life, and Field & Stream, to North Equity LLC.
Where can I publish an article?
To get you started, here is a list of platforms offering free article publishing.
- Medium. Medium is a very popular free publishing site where you can share your writing.
- Linkedin Articles. You are probably already on Linkedin.
- Article Alley.
- PUB HTML5.
Where can I submit a freelance article?
Freelance Writer’s Pitch Checklist Grab it for free ?
- Earth Island Journal.
- AMC Outdoors Magazine.
- The Sun Magazine.
- Boys’ Life.
- The American Gardener.
- One Story.
- The American Scholar.
Where can I submit articles for money?
Get Paid to Write: 14 Websites That Pay Writers $100+
- Cooking Detective. Pay: Extended guides pay $150-$250, depending on the topic.
- A Fine Parent. Pay: $100 per article.
- Freelance Mom. Pay: $75 to $100 per article (plus a $150 bonus for top shared articles)
- Christian Science Monitor.
- A List Apart.
- Barefoot Writer.
- The Graphic Design School.
How do I submit an article to the Times?
All submissions must be original, exclusive to The Times and, as a matter of security, embedded in the text of an email, not as an attachment. Submissions may be sent to [email protected] Due to the large volume of messages we receive, we have to pass on much material of value and interest.
Do academic journals pay authors?
Academics are not paid for their article contributions to journals. They often have to pay fees to submit articles to journals and to publish. Peer reviewers, the overseers tasked with making sure the science published in the journals is up to standard, typically aren’t paid either.
Do academics make money from books?
But for the most part, academic books sell to a small audience, and given the time and cost of doing the research required to publish one of these books, they don’t make any money for their authors. They don’t make a lot of money for their presses either, though the people who work for a university press are paid.
How can I get free academic articles?
The Top 21 Free Online Journal and Research Databases
- CORE. CORE is a multidisciplinary aggregator of open access research.
- Directory of Open Access Journals.
- Education Resources Information Center.
- arXiv e-Print Archive.
- Social Science Research Network.
- Public Library of Science.