- How do I acknowledge my PhD supervisor?
- How do you ask for research in an email?
- How long does it take for professors to reply to emails?
- How should you end a formal email?
- How do you end a thank you email?
- What can I say instead of best wishes?
- How do you wish someone good luck professionally?
- How do you say all the best for the future?
- What are your future endeavors?
- How do you wish a colleague on farewell?
- How do you wish a good journey?
How do I acknowledge my PhD supervisor?
I would like to thank my supervisor, Prof. Nicholas Young, for the patient guidance, encouragement and advice he has provided throughout my time as his student. I have been extremely lucky to have a supervisor who cared so much about my work, and who responded to my questions and queries so promptly.
How do you ask for research in an email?
Your email should:
- have an informative subject line.
- be concise.
- be formal: Dear Dr. Smith; Sincerely, Your Name.
- not use Mrs. or Ms.
- NOT have slang, abbreviations, or emoticons.
- if applying for an opening: address any qualifications the professor is looking for.
- if asking for a research opportunity:
How long does it take for professors to reply to emails?
24 to 48 hours
How should you end a formal email?
Email Closings for Formal Business
- Regards. Yes, it’s a bit stodgy, but it works in professional emails precisely because there’s nothing unexpected or remarkable about it.
- Sincerely. Are you writing a cover letter?
- Best wishes.
- As ever.
- Thanks in advance.
How do you end a thank you email?
The following options will cover a variety of circumstances and are good ways to close a thank-you letter:
- Best regards.
- Gratefully yours.
- Kind thanks.
- Many thanks.
- Sincerely yours.
What can I say instead of best wishes?
What is another word for best wishes?
|kindest regards||kind regards|
|best regards||sincerely yours|
|yours sincerely||yours truly|
How do you wish someone good luck professionally?
Ways to Say “GOOD LUCK”
- All the best!
- Be careful!
- Best of luck!
- Fingers crossed!
- I hope things will turn out fine.
- Wishing you all the best!
- Wishing you lots of luck!
- You are going to be amazing!
How do you say all the best for the future?
I wish you all the success today and always! All the best for a bright future! May there be success at every turn of life and all your dreams come true! Here’s wishing you good luck for a bright and prosperous future.
What are your future endeavors?
In the phrase “future endeavors,” it is used as a noun having the meaning of “making a serious determined effort” and “actively working toward a direct goal. There are specific occasions in which a person uses the phrase “future endeavors.” This term is often used when wishing a person luck.
How do you wish a colleague on farewell?
Example farewell messages to a coworker
- “Congratulations on your new job.
- “Congratulations on a job well done!
- “I’ve learned a lot from working with you over the years.
- “It was an honor to work with a coworker who was committed to their success and their coworkers.
- “We will remember you with warm thoughts and memories.
How do you wish a good journey?
SERIOUSLY CATCHY SAFE JOURNEY WISHES
- Keep Calm and Have a Safe Trip.
- Safe journey!
- You’ve always been adventurous.
- May your journey be eye-opening!
- Go safe, move safe, stay safe, leave safe and then back safe…
- May angels fly with you wherever you roam and guide you back safely to family and home.